Cottage unleashing old happy memories !

Hola friends!A very warm Welc0me to my new pOst..Undoubtedly inspired by our very OwN BEYOND GREY CHALLENGE #35 
                         ::::              ::::::::::::::♫ ♪♀  Sky is the Limit  ♀♪♫ ::::::::::::::::::              ::::

and keeping a few challenges in my mind ☺ !!
Use at least one element in your card seen in the sky (So you can use the sky background, clouds, an airplane, a rocket,etc... actually the sky is the limit)


The winner of this challenge will receive a Rs 500 voucher from Crafters Corner. So whats the wait for,make an adorable masterpiece and do jump in the fun challenge !!

So please forgive me as I couldn't resist myself but took quite a number of pictures,so the scrolling part will hurt a little your creative fingers :D !! But I believe you all would rejoice it to some extent at the end ;)..

Ahh and how can I miss my story line : the very idea that inspired me :::::
When there's a small hole in cloud cover, sometimes the sun's rays shine through this hole, creating a beam of sunlight that you can see. It often looks like a spotlight..and here our little kid  ascends a ladder resting on the roof of a cottage, in a way to reach for the sun and make friendship with him ;) Pretty Fantasy thought! I know :P. And Yes ! as friendship day is approaching,I made it for a friend and rightly jotted down the line : LIFE WITHOUT FRIENDS IS LIKE SKY WITHOUT SUN....ain't it ?

The cottage is Dominos recycled cupcake box,the photo reel can be pulled to elongate it as I have rolled it around a toilet roll(again recycled)..the roof is a fold-able one so we can re-roll the reel once its fully unrolled!
Images are hand drawn,sentiments are hand written,flowers are handmade.

So basically its a upcycled packaged box in the form of a cute cottage unleashing/unpacking the happy moments spent with your friends through the slit in its door-way !

HAPPY TUTORIALS :) ! (Please click on the pics to have a clearer view)

  • For the roof brick look,I have created it using a homemade texture paste:
I thought I'll do a little research and see if there are any recipies out there for making home-made texture paste!  I found one that looked pretty easy so I thought I would give it a go with my add-on ideas, and guess what?  It worked perfectly!  (I'll share the recipe and some pic's of me using it on this page)
 It's a really easy recipe, quick to make and super inexpensive!  (Now I have to admit I have no experience with storebrand texture mediums so I can't say how they compare but I thought this stuff worked nicely!) 
  • Domino's box and photo reel: I used a concept of Sunehra Koshy . Have a look at her majestic creation !
 And here is finally my creation:






Submitting it to following challenges :

Comments

  1. wow bipasha...u done a superb makeover of a cup cake box...totally loved it n liked each tiny detail on it...n also thanks for sharing ur recipes...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! What an adorable project! :)
    Love all the upcycled bits! And your homemade texture paste looks fabulous!

    Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and detailed project this is ... clever work with the brick! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just so pretty, thanks for playing along with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo creative and loved the sun the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my utmost honour to hear such sweet appreciation from a crafting maestro like you,Sonia ji :)

      Delete
  6. Such a wonderful n cute cottage this is ! You have done some fab up-cycling here Bipasha. Your hand-drawn images are just adorable !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up-cyclying is my recent add-on on my passion list,So I guess you would get some useful and a little wierd stuffs :D !

      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, your project is awesome and so full of wonderful color and texture! Will have to try the homemade texture paste sometime! Thanks for playing along and helping us celebrate at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And thanks for joining in the fun at CCCB too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a happy fun creation!! Thanks for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just so amazing ! I adore ur work ! so much hardwork is put in it .... its just amazing.
    How do u even find time to do this after work ??
    Hugs
    PJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poo,your such great words of appreciation work as creative booster for me :D,thanks dear :)! And yes,I do put a little hard work ,but it makes me very happy ~ found a medium to transform my dreams of a fantasy world into a passion.. can't sit idle for a moment,you see :P !!

      And words aren't sufficent to express my gratefulness to u for giving me a platform to showcase my skill as a DT in the in-genius challenge group "BGC".:)Thank you with a bigger hug :D !

      Delete
  11. Wow, what a fabulous project this is! So many things to see and enjoy on it. Thanks for joining us at CCCB :) Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy,am so very glad that you like it :)

      Delete
  12. Fabulous upcycled project - wonderful details! Thank for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh sooo adorable! Must trry texture paste .you are incredibly creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous creation...Thanks for playing along with us at Joanna Sheen Challenge this fortnight.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic creation, so much detail and love your upcycling and recipe ideas. Thanks for joining us this month at Natalie & Amy's Challenge.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Thanks for the tute Bipasha!

    Awesome altered work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. VERY very lovely! That sun makes me so happy! Thanks for playing along with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is amazing!!! Thanks so much for playing along with LESSology!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts